We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Every character in the game that is available for you to recruit has 6 primary attributes and 11 secondary attributes. The primary attributes are as follows:
Primary[edit | edit source]
- Strength (STR): Strength determines a character’s ability to Block, their Critical Damage and has a small influence on their Health. It also comes into play during missions, specifically when encountering any object that needs to be moved or destroyed (pushing a boulder, smashing a door etc).
- Dexterity (DEX): Dexterity determines a character’s Bonus Accuracy & Critical Chance, along with their Dodge. Dexterity is also required to pick locks in dungeons and for other actions that require deft hands or quick feet.
- Constitution (CON): Constitution is a measure of a character’s vitality and fortitude. As a result, it determines a character’s Health and Defense.
- Charisma (CHA): Charisma is a measure of likability and the ability to influence and control other beings. If a character’s Charisma is high enough, they gain a trait granting immunity to mind controlling conditions such as Taunt, Fear and Charm. A higher Charisma also lowers the chance of gaining a negative trait when Spirit is low for an extended period.
- Wisdom (WIS): A measure of mental fortitude and spirituality. Wisdom determines a character’s Critical Damage, and Perception. It also increases resistance to any attacks that target a character’s Spirit pool. Wisdom is used when interacting with mysterious objects.
- Intelligence (INT): Intelligence is the measure of a character’s knowledge. Intelligence determines a character’s Bonus Accuracy, and Critical Chance. It is also used to decipher languages found in texts or other mediums.
Each of the classes has a pair of attributes it focuses on:
Secondary[edit | edit source]
- Health (HP): A character’s health is determined by their Constitution & Strength(the latter to a lesser extent).
- Spirit (SP): All Abilities expend Spirit on use. Every character has a base Spirit pool of 100(we will be talking in-depth about Spirit in a future update!).
- Attack Power (ATK): Attack Power is the damage output of a character’s basic attack before any other calculations(like Critical Chance or Defense) take place. To determine the value, it takes into account a character’s weapon and main stat. For the calculation of an ability’s effectiveness, a unique modifier is multiplied to the Attack Power value.
- Perception (PER): Perception functions much the same as it does in D&D. It is derived from Wisdom and is used for spotting traps, sensing dangers and uncovering hidden passages.
- Speed (SPD): A character’s Speed is determined by their class. It determines combat order and how often a character gets to act.
- Movement (MOV): Movement is also determined by a character’s class. It controls how many hex cells one can move during their turn.
- Defense % (DEF): A character’s defense is derived from their Constitution and determines their base damage mitigation against all attacks, traps and hazards.
- Evasion % (EVA): A character's chance to evade is determined by Strength or Dexterity. Depending on their class, they will either Block(STR) or Dodge(DEX).
- Bonus Accuracy % (ACC): Bonus Accuracy is derived from Dexterity or Intelligence, with the higher value being used. It is added to an ability’s base accuracy to determine the overall accuracy.
- Critical Chance % (CRC): Critical Chance comes from Dexterity or Intelligence, with the higher value being used. It is the base percent chance to critically hit with an ability. The damage multiplier of a critical hit is determined by the Critical Damage stat.
- Critical Damage % (CRD): Critical Damage is derived from Wisdom or Strength, with the higher value being used. It is a multiplier that determines how much additional damage a critical strike inflicts.