From The Iron Oath Wiki
Every character in the game that is available for you to recruit has 6 primary attributes and 11 secondary attributes. The primary attributes are as follows:
Primary[edit | edit source]
- Strength (STR): Strength determines a character’s ability to Block, their Critical Damage and has a small influence on their Health. It also comes into play during missions, specifically when encountering any object that needs to be moved or destroyed (pushing a boulder, smashing a door etc).
- Dexterity (DEX): Dexterity determines a character’s Bonus Accuracy & Critical Chance, along with their Dodge. Dexterity is also required to pick locks in dungeons and for other actions that require deft hands or quick feet.
- Constitution (CON): Constitution is a measure of a character’s vitality and fortitude. As a result, it determines a character’s Health and Defense.
- Charisma (CHA): Charisma is a measure of likability and the ability to influence and control other beings. If a character’s Charisma is high enough, they gain a trait granting immunity to mind controlling conditions such as Taunt, Fear and Charm. A higher Charisma also lowers the chance of gaining a negative trait when Spirit is low for an extended period.
- Wisdom (WIS): A measure of mental fortitude and spirituality. Wisdom determines a character’s Critical Damage, and Perception. It also increases resistance to any attacks that target a character’s Spirit pool. Wisdom is used when interacting with mysterious objects.
- Intelligence (INT): Intelligence is the measure of a character’s knowledge. Intelligence determines a character’s Bonus Accuracy, and Critical Chance. It is also used to decipher languages found in texts or other mediums.
Each of the classes has a pair of attributes it focuses on:
Secondary[edit | edit source]
- Health (HP): A character’s health is determined by their Constitution & Strength(the latter to a lesser extent).
- Spirit (SP): All Abilities expend Spirit on use. Every character has a base Spirit pool of 100(we will be talking in-depth about Spirit in a future update!).
- Attack Power (ATK): Attack Power is the damage output of a character’s basic attack before any other calculations(like Critical Chance or Defense) take place. To determine the value, it takes into account a character’s weapon and main stat. For the calculation of an ability’s effectiveness, a unique modifier is multiplied to the Attack Power value.
- Perception (PER): Perception functions much the same as it does in D&D. It is derived from Wisdom and is used for spotting traps, sensing dangers and uncovering hidden passages.
- Speed (SPD): A character’s Speed is determined by their class. It determines combat order and how often a character gets to act.
- Movement (MOV): Movement is also determined by a character’s class. It controls how many hex cells one can move during their turn.
- Defense % (DEF): A character’s defense is derived from their Constitution and determines their base damage mitigation against all attacks, traps and hazards.
- Evasion % (EVA): A character's chance to evade is determined by Strength or Dexterity. Depending on their class, they will either Block(STR) or Dodge(DEX).
- Bonus Accuracy % (ACC): Bonus Accuracy is derived from Dexterity or Intelligence, with the higher value being used. It is added to an ability’s base accuracy to determine the overall accuracy.
- Critical Chance % (CRC): Critical Chance comes from Dexterity or Intelligence, with the higher value being used. It is the base percent chance to critically hit with an ability. The damage multiplier of a critical hit is determined by the Critical Damage stat.
- Critical Damage % (CRD): Critical Damage is derived from Wisdom or Strength, with the higher value being used. It is a multiplier that determines how much additional damage a critical strike inflicts.