We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
The Iron Oath
The Iron Oath is an upcoming turn-based role-playing and strategy game focusing on your guild and managing it and the adventurers that are a part of it over entire decades. The game has been successfully funded on Kickstarter, with 200% of the initial goal, and is currently in development by Curious Panda Games LLC. The game is planned for release on PC, Mac, and Linux.
Features[edit | edit source]
- A large and dynamic overworld to traverse: 9 regions with over 50 towns and cities to visit. Cities can be overtaken, destroyed and rebuilt, and various factions can emerge, rise and fall. A playthrough can potentially last hundreds of years, resulting in many changes to the initial world state.
- In-depth roster management: Characters will age and die frequently in combat and you will be required to recruit new members and keep them satisfied. Your guilds reputation in the world will shift depending on your actions, presenting the opportunity to create both allies and enemies.
- Variety of Classes: Each class has their strengths and weaknesses which you will need to take into account when assembling your party. We will be launching with at least 12 different classes, allowing for many different options when it comes to tactics.
- Hand crafted and dynamic missions to complete: Many missions will be generated dynamically based on the state of the world, but there will also be unique hand crafted questlines for you to play through, including the main storyline.
- Numerous environments to explore: Missions will occur in a variety of indoor and outdoor environments filled with a variety of enemies, secrets, traps and long forgotten artifacts.
- Tactical turn based combat: Combat occurs on a hex grid and you must figure out how best to navigate each enemy encounter. Proper party composition and resource management(from both items and abilities) is vital.
- Unique character development: Every recruitable character has their own personal backstory that shapes their motives, personality and traits.
- Dynamic dialogue: Characters have minds of their own and will have a variety of things to say during a mission, from simple conversation with one another to bringing up a past experience that may be relevant to the task at hand.
- Decisions matter: Choices bear consequences in many forms. Choosing to assault a trade cart on your journey could result in a powerful faction sending assassins after you.
- A fleshed out world backstory to uncover: NPC's are not fountains of knowledge. Many secrets remain in the world and you will need to discover things on your own through context and other avenues.
- Dark orchestral soundtrack by Alex Roe: Alex is well known for his Dark Souls remixes and we're thrilled to have him in charge of our soundtrack.